“Do you have a reel?”
“Have you updated your reel recently?”
“Why isn’t that new show you did on your reel yet?”
As actors, it’s easy to put off creating or re-imagining your demo reel. Some actors accumulate footage but struggle to put it all together in a compelling product. Others edited a reel together years ago and just swap out scenes when new scenes arrive without ever updating stale, outdated branding (or worse yet, non-existent branding).
We’re here to help.
This premium product provides you with a branded two-minute acting reel plus five clips designed for the platforms where you need them most. Your new reel will include an opening title card and a bumper designed to maximize your brand and extend your social media reach. The reels are designed and edited by Hunter Lee Hughes of StoryAtlas and Chris Friend of VisionFriend. Hunter directed the award-winning feature film, Guys Reading Poems, and Chris has created graphics, marketing materials and VFX for dozens of filmmakers.
Together, they provide a sharp eye for performance and the unique qualities actors possess, as well as a sophisticated aesthetic that can showcase and even enhance your original material.
Our premium product allows plenty of time for collaboration and an additional round of notes so that you and your management team can “sit with the reel” for a few days before finalizing it.
To see samples of our reels, please visit our YouTube channel.
Unlike our basic reel, with our premium reel….
- You function as the director of the reel, not us. We are happy to make strong choices on your behalf if you are unsure or uncertain about what you want or what is best. However, unlike our basic product, you are the captain of the ship here and will be closely consulted throughout the process.
- You will need to be present in person for the final editing session (two-hour commitment).
- You can provide up to one hour’s worth of material for us to review and synthesize into the reel.
- In addition to your feedback the day we cut your reel, you will also receive another round of notes to fix the reel after sitting with it for several days. After this initial round of notes, you are free to book more time but we do charge $100/hour with a one-hour minimum.
- No StoryAtlas/VisionFriend branding on your reel. For this premium product, we will remove completely our logos so that only your own branding is included.
- You will receive five edited clips optimized for platforms you select that include your branded opening title card and bumper.
- We will provide your reel and clips through WeTransfer and/or can copy them to an external hard drive or jump drive that contains sufficient storage space.
- You will need to provide headshots/still imagery (up to 20 photos), and all your footage either via an external hard drive or WeTransfer as well as the exact spelling of the full name you use for work. We cannot start work until we receive these items.
- Can you shoot footage for me for the reel or is it only incorporating footage I already have?
- Right now, you must provide all the footage for your reel.
- How quickly can you turn around the reel?
- 7-10 days from the moment we receive your footage.
- It seems expensive. Is there a cheaper alternative?
- Yes. We do have a basic package that costs $250. Check it out here.
- What if three weeks after you deliver my polished reel, I have more notes or want to swap out a scene. Can you do that for me for free?
- We can make changes after final delivery, but not for free. We are happy to do so at the rate of $100/hour with a one-hour minimum.
- Even if it’s a super picky minor change? You can’t just do that for me, bro?
- No. Remember, you will have a round of notes for this premium package. But if you change your mind on something after we deliver the reel to you, any new notes will be charged at a rate of $100/hour with a one-hour minimum.
- What if I want more than five clips?
- No problem. If you’d like more than five clips, we can make clips out of anything you like with the appropriate bumpers and title cards for an additional $10/clip. This is a great way to store up a few weeks or even months of social media sharing.
- My original footage is in super rough shape and needs both color correction and audio correction. Can you guys do that for me, too, as part of this?
- We can help you with this, but it is an additional charge beyond cutting and branding your reel. We suggest you take care of all your footage before submitting it to us. But if you can’t, we are happy to provide a quote for what it will take to fix audio/color for your clip. But color correction and audio correction of individual clips are not included in this pricing.
- I’m a director or cinematographer. Can you cut my reel at this rate?
- We focus on reels for actors. If you are a director or cinematographer, please email Hunter for a quote: Hunter@StoryAtlas.com. These reels take more time, so there is usually an additional charge.
- What if I want more than one reel – a comedy and a drama reel?
- Each reel is its own product, so you would need to buy two reels. To save costs, you are free to edit one reel as a basic package and one reel as a premium package. The information on our basic reel is here.
If you’d like to make arrangements to pay by cash or check, please email Hunter@StoryAtlas.com.